Decorating Basement PVC Pipes

Old 03-02-06, 06:04 AM
O
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Decorating Basement PVC Pipes

We are in the process of finishing our basement. However, we have exposed white PVC septic pipes in one of the rooms we are finishing (bedroom). We are unable to box them in, or hide them either. I was wondering if anyone had any decorating ideas to make these unsightly PVC pipes look somewhat presentable.

THanks

Old 03-02-06, 11:42 AM
Krylon makes a spray paint for plastic called Fusion. you could at least paint them a dark color or a color similar to the wall or ceiling color to help them blend in.

you don't say where the pipes are - up along the ceiling or running down in a corner, etc. but i can't imagine that you can't box them in *some* way, no matter where they're at.

Old 03-02-06, 04:55 PM
O
Talking

Thank you very much, the pipes are located on two walls, with a 90-degree angle connecting them. I was not sure about the paint, thinking it may cause some damage. Thank you very much for the help

Old 03-02-06, 08:26 PM
B
Just bring the entire wall in a couple more inches. You should be building a regular 2x4 stud wall instead of using furring strips. A stud wall has many advantages over furring strips - better insulation, no worry about condensation, no holes in the foundation to name just three. The few inches of space lost is really inconsequential. Cost - I used steel studs and saved a ton of money.
If you need access to a clean-out, just incorporate a door or removable panel.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: