Best color for half bath

Old 03-12-06, 08:09 PM
N
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best color for half bath

Was wondering if there are any tools online that will allow me to view what different colors will look in a half bath. I was thinking of dark red but would like to see what it looks like before i start painting. Any suggestions what will be the best color for a half bath?

Old 03-13-06, 06:05 AM
S
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 03-13-06, 09:18 AM
generally speaking, the best color for a half bath (or any room for that matter) would be one that coordinates with the room just outside it (family room, foyer, kitchen, etc).

if your house is more formal, and this is the powder room guests will use, i love using something rich & dramatic (like dark red, if it coordinates with the rooms nearby), but if it's the bath off the utility room & kitchen that your kids & all the neighborhood kids will be using, you might want something lighter & cheerier & more casual in style.

you don't say which it is, so take your cues from the surrounding rooms and also the accessories that you'll use in there.

Old 03-13-06, 08:59 PM
deb2me81
Visiting Guest
Dark Red in a half bath

I assume that the half bath is a small room. Remember the darker the color, the smaller the room will look.

Old 03-14-06, 11:17 AM
Originally Posted by deb2me81
I assume that the half bath is a small room. Remember the darker the color, the smaller the room will look.
small rooms like half baths ARE small, and no matter what color they are painted, they will always seem small. dark colors do not necessarily make rooms look small, they make them look dark. in a bathroom with no window, you'll always have the light turned on. CONTRAST is what makes rooms seem small. so if you want to use a dark color, go right ahead, but use it on all the walls, and maybe even the ceiling. if your eye has no lines of strong contrast to draw attention, the space seems larger than if each wall were a different color.

i've been in many small baths that were painted or wallpapered with bold, rich, dark colors and i loved them all.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: