Decorating my Foyer

Old 04-05-06, 11:10 PM
H
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Decorating my Foyer

Help!
I'm trapped in a terminally white house
The prior owners painted everything white, even the wallpaper in the high-ceiling'd foyer is nearly white.

I'm planning to have the wallpaper taken off and the foyer walls painted. I'm stuck with what color to paint. As you can see by the pictures, it's very stark and boring at the moment.

I'd love any decorating ideas you can give. I was thinking of a group of several photos from our recent wedding, framed identically and hung over the table on the big wall.

Our living room (through the french doors) is painted a warm golden yellow. The upstairs is still undecorated. The white stair rails and balusters will be replaced with black iron rungs and medium color wood hand rails at some point.

There will be white 5 inch baseboards around the floors.

Here are the photos. Please help!
http://s23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...er%20pictures/

Old 04-06-06, 11:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sorry but i can't see your pics!

what's the flooring in the foyer? will there be an area rug there? if so, pull a color from that that will work off the gold in the LR.

i'm sure you're proud of them, but rethink the multiple wedding pictures in the foyer. a hallway or your bedroom might be more appropriate for those (or one big wedding portrait above a family room fireplace is nice). use the foyer as a place to introduce the style for the rest of the house. i would opt for a mirror or a large bold piece of artwork above the table to set the stage for what visitors can expect to see as the move into your home.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: