Wainscoting - What colour to paint the top & bottom???

Old 04-09-06, 01:55 PM
A
ang
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Wainscoting - What colour to paint the top & bottom???

Hi,

I am planning on painting my hallway which has wainscoting all on the main floor and also the second level. The wainscoting goes all the way up to stairs to the second level. You can see the second level from the first level. The question is should I paint the top of the wainscoting a different colour than the bottom. At the present it is all painted the same colour, but I want to give it a bit of umph....... Should the hallway be painted a neutral colour such as tan and the bottom white, or should I go with a colour. It is a bright hallway....... I love colour, but have not painted my house since I moved in 10 years ago. It's time for a change, but I don't want to have it too colourful, as all of the rooms off of the house can be seen from this hall........ Any suggestions?????? I'm sooooo looking for a change. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Should the bottom be light or dark, what colour suggestions do you have??????? Thanks soooo much.

Ang

Old 04-10-06, 09:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi!

first off, what type of wainscoting are we talking about here? actual paneling of some sort? or just the wall area below a chair rail? if it's truly paneling, i like for all the trimwork/woodwork to be the same throughout the house, but that's my preference. i feel like it gives the house a sense of continuity and flow. then you can paint the upper portion different colors from room to room.

as far as what colors you should use - i have no idea since you didn't tell us at all about what colors you've got anywhere. generally speaking, though, pull colors from your fabrics & artwork & rugs & accessories. as long as they're all anchored in some sort of color scheme, they should work well together.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: