color to use in baby's room

Old 07-24-06, 12:48 PM
F
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question color to use in baby's room

Need help choosing colors for new baby girl's room, The bedding is mainly pinks it was a shower gift, there is some green, purple and yellows the over all print is floral with gingam print dust ruffle, it will be set against cherry furniture. I thought about using pink on walls but think it would be to much I will be using white trim as well as white sheer scarf treatment on windows held by nylon butterflies wanting it to be butterflies and blooms theme already purchased a butterfly canopy to go over crib. Do you think a celery green walls would work well with the shades of pink in bedding. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Felicity's Nona; 07-25-06 at 05:47 AM.
Old 07-25-06, 11:05 AM
pulling the green out for the wall color would be cute - you'd basically have a pink & green room. using yellow paint would also be cute - basically pink & yellow. however, i agree that all pink walls would be too much pink. but, if you really don't want yellow or green or lavendar walls, depending on the room layout, it might work to only use pink on the window wall to set off the white window treatment (which would be lost on a white wall) and then keep the other 3 walls white. since there are several good options, i would choose what works best with the cherry furniture & the flooring. if you have carpet that would look sickly with yellow walls, rule that out. if the cherry furniture clashes with lavendar walls, rule that out. if the white & pink walls just aren't enough color, scratch that idea. if you LOVE pink & green together (like i do!!! ), and the green works well with your flooring AND the furniture, there's your wall color!!!

Old 07-25-06, 01:18 PM
F
well I think I may have narrowed it down to painting walls a mint green which is in the bedding and doing doors an trim in bright white I will paint daisy's and a few butterflies on walls in the other colors. Thanks so much

Old 07-25-06, 02:05 PM
sounds great! go REALLY pale on that mint green! then when you go to buy it, buy one shade even lighter!!! trust me!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: