Need help in Bathroom remolding

Old 09-07-06, 04:49 AM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Need help in Bathroom remoldeling

I am in process of redoing the whole bath. It is a small front bathroom 5 by 8 with a tub and we are going to put in a new pedistal sink,toliet. I want this design to keep the country, or cottage design style. In the tub area an on the three walls we have a light beige tile going to the ceiling and we have a 1/4 beaded pine for the ceiling. My question is to keep this design should i make all the walls tile to ceiling, or maybe just the tub area and put beaded 1/4 boards up 3 or 4 feet on the walls. I want to if it will look right to keep the ceiling and the walls a natural pine. I just dont want to make it look smaller than it is already. This is going to be the main bathroom which everyone will see and use. We have another one in our master bedroom.
Also I am putting in a new door and should it be of a natural color also. We love light blue and green also favorite colors. Floor is going to be tile also. I want to use the wide trim thru out the house to make it look like cottage or country style. Am I making since at all. I no it is a personal taste but need help on this PLEase

Last edited by Bigbobdallas; 09-07-06 at 04:56 AM. Reason: spelling era
Old 09-07-06, 10:52 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
well, tile floor to ceiling on ALL the walls doesn't seem very country/cottage at all to me, so i'd use the tile where it's practical (in the tub area) and use your beadboard(?) in the other area.

to clarify: what is "1/4 beaded pine boards"?? is that what i call "beadboard"??? kinda like paneling but skinnier "planks"???

yes, it'll look fine to leave the paneling natural & then paint the wall area above, if you just use the paneling on the walls like 3 feet up from the floor & on the ceiling.

don't worry about the bathroom looking big or small. it is what it is - a bathroom. no matter what you do, it won't look BIG! it's a 5x8 room! go for "cute & charming & well decorated", not 'big". you'll be fighting a losing battle if you focus on "big".

find a really great shower curtain (or fabric & make one) - even if the tub has the sliding glass doors on it. use a curtain to add some great fabric & softness to the room. no matter how good you think the sliding glass doors look, the curtain will look better.

i hope you have a nice medicine cabinet or some sort of cabinet in there. cuz with a pedestal sink, you've got zero storage & you've gotta put the toilet paper somewhere.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: