Need color advice for guest bedroom

Old 10-24-06, 06:36 AM
K
kdo
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Need color advice for guest bedroom

We have a guest bedroom currently painted in grey color. It is a neutral color but it doesn't seem to go together with what we have in the bedroom. The furniture (bed, dresser and night stands) is in light brown wood color (a little bit darker then beech color) with light yellow trim. The sheets are in ivory color and the comforter is in camel color. The curtain is in vanilla color (acturally it is stripe of gold and ivory). We are thinking about repaint the room with either gold or ivory color so that the wall compliments the furniture in the room. With gold, we're afraid that it is too dark and it doesn't give a relax feeling. With ivory, we're hesitated because it doesn't have much color in it. We also think about yellow but we're not sure since yellow usually works for kids bedroom not guest bedroom. We're very confused. Please advice!

Thanks so much,
Kim

Old 10-24-06, 10:12 AM
what's the flooring?

Old 10-24-06, 10:15 AM
K
kdo
It is carpet in beige (off white).

Old 10-24-06, 11:26 AM
i think gold IS a relaxing color. the right shade. a browner gold, like caramel would be nice, IF it goes with the carpet. or you could simply repeat the camel of the comforter. a nice rich chocolate brown would be nice, too, if you're not afraid of something bold. you could use the vanilla, but it might be too washed out. maybe use the chocolate on the curtain wall (so your curtains have a nice background) and the vanilla everywhere else?

Old 10-24-06, 01:17 PM
K
kdo
Thanks, Annette. I like gold but wasn't sure it is a relaxing color. Since you think it is, I'll go for it. Thanks again.

Old 10-24-06, 01:30 PM
just go with a lighter version of the camel comforter & you'll be fine. err to the browner side. you don't want sunflower yellow.

Old 10-24-06, 05:46 PM
K
kdo
Annette,

Thanks so much for the advice. We've decided chocolate color on the wall that has curtains as you suggested. And the rest will be vanilla. We haven't seen any room painted in chocolate color so it must be very unique. We're very excited about it.

I have one more question to ask. At the window, we have a chair in beige color and I want to make a decorative pillow which will be put on that chair. With colors we have and will have, do you think the pillow should be in chocolate, camel, beige or yellow?

Thanks again.

Old 10-25-06, 07:14 AM
"....do you think the pillow should be in chocolate, camel, beige or yellow?"

ALL OF THE ABOVE!!! find a fabric that has all your colors in it & it will tie the whole room together!

Old 10-25-06, 02:31 PM
K
kdo
Thanks so much, Annette!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: