painting trends / trim

Old 03-12-07, 04:29 PM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Painting Trends/Trim

I'm getting ready to paint all the rooms in my house (except bedrooms). What are the color trends for 07? Also, I have natural red oak wood floors and wood trim throughout. Too much natural wood. So I would like to paint the baseboard but leave the window trim stained. Any suggestions on what color to paint the trim? Is it ok to mix and match? i.e. leave one room with the natural all wood trim and an other room paint the trim? Any Suggestions would be more then helpful.

Old 03-12-07, 04:49 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 786 Upvotes on 689 Posts
Welcome to the diy forums diy girl

I'll move your thread to the decorating and design section - I believe your questions will be better answered there.

If you do decide to paint your oak [] there are certain steps, both prep and primer, necessarry to insure adhesion.

Old 03-13-07, 05:25 AM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Typically, all trim throughout the house is treated the same for the sake of continuity. Stain grade trim is prized and costs considerably more than paint grade. It would seem a pity to paint over the red oak trim. Finished trim never has to be painted or repainted, which certainly makes for easier maintenance. Preparation of finished trim for painting tends to be labor intensive and time consuming, requiring cleaning, sanding, and priming, in addition to painting. Perhaps with better wall color choices, the wood trim would appear to be more complementary.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: