Ok, the usual question - what color w/this furniture?

Old 08-02-07, 05:17 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Ok, the usual question - what color w/this furniture?

Hi, I have a bedroom in my house that I have turned into an office. The ceiling is white and the trim is white. I would like to keep those white. What color should I paint the walls?

The room has cherry wood furniture, traditional. The accents home decor is all in black iron scroll - wall clock, black lamp, Black scroll Day bed (at this time has a pear green and white comforter). I have other comforters though so this is something that can change. What will not change is the cherry wood and the black scroll theme.

The rest of the house colors - well in the hall out of this room is orange walls (like the sunset), the bathroom is mustard yellow (Mickey mouse yellow) , the other side bedroom is done in a soft lilac color (guest bedroom). The den is bright orange like the hall, the kitchen is primary colors of yellow (bright sun yellow) and bright red. The formals are done in a basic light brown in the front of the house. The foyer is dark purple with a bead of gold overlay throughout the entire foyer. White trim is everywhere in the house with white six panel doors on each room. Master bedroom and bath are done in the moss colors. Accent wall in moss green, the other walls done in a mud color, and white accents throughout. Very soothing colors for sleeping.

I want a color in my office that keeps me alert - ha

The floor is bare with nothing on it in this one room only. It has been painted with Kilz in white - but will not be changed for a while. Long story, but the wall color does not have to match the floor or even be considered at this time.

The room will have three pieces of furniture. Two cherry wood pieces and the day bead in scroll black with cherry wood posts on each corner.

Any suggestions? Any links to a color that you might recommend? I was thinking of a clean pear green medium saturation - not neon, not dark, medium - also thought of painting it a light hue to compliment the light lilac across the hall in the other bedroom. The mustard bathroom has dark blue accents - may change this bathrooom though.

ok, any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks, Susan

Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-07, 04:04 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 120 Votes on 107 Posts
Hi Susan,

I'll move your thread to decorating as I believe you will be better helped there. I will say that color selection is a very personal choice - what some love, others detest. When it comes to decorating the paint is probably the cheapest item and the easiest/cheapest to change so don't be scared to go with what you think you might like as it isn't that big of a deal to change

Old 08-03-07, 02:36 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
wow. i have no idea!

my best advice would be to pick your favorite comforter (of the many you already have to choose from - one that will coordinate with the orange hallway) and paint accordingly. from your description of all the different colors you've got going everywhere, i'd say you're not afraid of color, so don't get timid now!