Redesigning Fireplace

Old 09-30-07, 05:57 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Post Redesigning Fireplace

Hi,

I would like to change the looks of my fireplace. The fireplace is located in my game room in my finished basement. Currently, it is all painted cinder block from floor to ceiling (8 ft). Looks pretty drab. How can I dress it up?? The adjoiing walls are all drywall. Should I tile it with marble from floor to ceiling? Should I install drywall over it on the top half and marble on the lower half? Should I put on a mantle?? So many choices and don't know what direction to take.

Thanks,

sweetboy

Old 10-03-07, 05:35 AM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
As you indicate, there are many options when it comes to redesigning your fireplace. You should take into consideration the style and theme of the home, the size and scale of the fireplace in relation the size of the room. Pick up some decorating magazines to learn what some of the popular makeovers are. Do not forget that there are pre-made mantels, tiles of a variety of materials, stucco, stone, and other options. Another place to look for what is currently popular in your area is to attend open houses where there is new construction.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: