Jack and jill bathroom...tying it all together!

Old 11-08-07, 07:16 PM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Wink Jack and jill bathroom...tying it all together!

Hi everyone, we close tommorrow on our new home and have the painter scheduled to start painting this weekend. Problem is I am confused on a few things. Carpet is being installed in the bedrooms. It's a neutral low pile frieze and the hallway will have braz. cherry wood. We have chosen the following paint colors...(we already have furniture, etc)

Den: BM coastal fog.
Master:ICI brown tone
Master Bath= ICI tusk tusk
Hallway= ICI tusk tusk (creamy neutral)
Guest Room= ICI Oxford Blue
Office= ICI Sweet Juliet

My fiance is not so sure about the violet office. But the guest room and office are connected by a jack and jill bathroom and the blue and violet compliment each other very well. The wallpaper in the connecting bath is horrid and is coming down asap.

Question 1:
If we keep the colors as is what color should I paint the connecting bathroom? I'm totally stumped!

Question 2:
Also, has anyone used grey? Fiance likes the idea of grey for the office? Any specific paint color suggestions there?

Question 3:
Is this too many colors?? Any suggestions that may differ from our original idea? I am open to suggestions!!

Thank you so much!

Old 11-09-07, 06:12 AM
T
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Jack and Jill bathroom color must link the two colors in the adjoining rooms. I'm not sure what 'tusk tusk' looks like, but perhaps it could be the link between the two rooms.

Grey is the old/new neutral and is very popular in current color schemes. It would work well in the office, and the bathroom could be a neutral white with a gray undertone.

Paint colors are a personal choice. The common rule of thumb is to keep a more neutral background and carry color scheme through by varying amounts of color in accents and accessories. Color can be achieved by painting focal walls a bolder color. Others toss color scheme to the wind and, like the White House, have a red room, blue room, green room, etc.

Old 11-09-07, 09:57 PM
D
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thanks Twelve!

Got a new idea...leave the office the same color greyish blue hint it currently is, paint the adjoining guest br blue and what about black & white toile wallpaper in between? The jack and jill bath is currently wallpapered?

Old 11-14-07, 02:12 AM
T
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Black and white are neutrals and should make an easy transition between rooms. I'm not a fan of wallpaper, and hgtv decorators immediately pull off wallpaper and borders these days IMO, skip the wallpaper and any borders. Go with a white with gray or blue undertones pull c olor from adjacent areas

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: