bathroom dilema

Old 11-23-07, 04:33 PM
E
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
bathroom dilema

I hope someone can help, no posts are at this site, so here goes...
my bathroom has beige toilet and tub and sink top, with maple wood cabinet and sink base, I want to paint the boring beige walls a nice color, but I am sick of earth tones, what else would go with beige and brown??
wondering

Old 12-01-07, 05:41 AM
First, I am definitely NOT an interior decorator. Having said that, here are some thoughts:

Off whites leaning toward a cream;

Muted green, especially grey/greens or pastel Williamsburg colors.

Many paint stores will let you take home a deck of colors to choose from. The store I work in does it all the time. It will at least get you in the ball park as far as a range of colors - you can then get larger samples to narrow down your choices.

PS - Most of the color swatches you get from paint stores have 4 or five colors on one strip about the size of a book mark. When you've narrowed your search down, get 6 or so of the same swatch - cut out the color you're interested in and tape them all together for a larger sample. Hang it on the wall and look at it for at least a day. THEN you can decide if it's really what you want.

Old 12-01-07, 08:16 AM
S
Group Moderator
Received 1,290 Upvotes on 1,228 Posts
Pittsburgh Paints makes a software program where you can upload digital pictures of rooms and then munipulate the color on screen. Costs about $10 and supposed to be available at any store selling their paint line.

Old 12-02-07, 04:47 PM
E
thanks

gee george, you were right with what I had eventually decided to do! I got a soft greenish, blue color, and it looks fine.
now all I have to do is get rid of the old floor tiles!
and a program likethat for only ten bucks would be worth it!
got many more rooms!
tam

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: