What paint color for my basement?

Old 02-27-08, 10:17 AM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
What paint color for my basement?

can you recommend a color?

half the basement is for the kids play area and the other half is for my home entertainment system.

What color should i paint my half or what neutral color should i paint the whole basement to suit both sides?

Old 02-27-08, 11:31 AM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
The idea is to keep the areas unified but separate by using color and furniture arrangement. The long wall that joins the two areas should be the same color. This can be the lighter color and the bolder color as the accent wall to further enhance the entertainment center focal point as the accent wall. Many tend to paint the wall that first greets the eyes as the accent wall. Typically, accent walls are those where the fireplace, entertainment center, or other focal point is located. The accent color further enhances the focal point.

Color selection should be based on existing colors in the room. This can be a color taken from upholstery, area rug, accents or accessories. Avoid the use of the most dominate color in the room as the color for the accent wall.

You can post photos at www.photobucket.com and a link here for all to see and comment on colors and furniture arrangement.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: