A bright color other then white!

Old 04-27-08, 01:53 PM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Smile A bright color other then white!

Im redoing my bedroom and there is only one window in there... There is not much sunlight that gets in the room so im looking for a color that will brighten up the room but I would like something other then white and pastel colors! If anyone has any ideas I would greatly appreciate them! Thanks!

-TLM

Old 04-28-08, 12:46 AM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Do you have a comforter or bedspread with lots of colors in it? Pick the lightest color and paint the room. There are many undertones to whites, as with all colors.

If you have a focal wall, such as the one that greets the eye upon walking into the bedroom, pull one of the more dramatic colors out of the comforter to greet the eye and provide drama.

Bedrooms are typically arranged so that upon walking into the room that the headboard greets the eye. This can be the focal wall that is painted a more dramatic color.

In rooms where there is not a lot of natural light, it is best to go with lighter paint colors to reflect what natural light that you have. You then go for a lighter, more natural color scheme.

"There is not much sunlight that gets in the room so im looking for a color that will brighten up the room but I would like something other then white and pastel colors!" Sorry, but I don't think you will find someone who recommends something other. If you want a deep, dark color scheme in the bedroom, then the darker palette is available.

But, you want to "brighten up" without white or pastels. You sound like you are very conservative. There are many whites with many undertones with greys, brown, yellow, blues, pinks, and purples.

Pick up some paint chips and some paint samples that you can splash on walls and study under both natural and artificial light. Just because you choose a white or other neutral, does not mean you have gone colorless.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: