How big is too big?

Old 03-24-00, 09:19 PM
Visiting Guest
I have a dresser that measures approximately 62 inches and I want to hang a mirror over it. The mirror I found is a beautiful antique that measures 60 X 35 1/4. Would it look awkward if I hung it over my dresser?

Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-00, 06:26 AM
Visiting Guest
Sounds great to me! The key to real
decorating is not being afraid to do bold things. I've seen very upscale dressers with
mirrors hung over them that were actually larger than the dresser. Very effective!
Go for it!

Old 04-25-00, 09:09 AM
Visiting Guest
I don't think it would look awkward. The mirror is slightly narrower than the dresser, so that does help. Something you might like to consider is hanging a nicely framed, smaller mirror (in a contrasting shape - oval/round/diamond) directly over your larger mirror. You can do this with a hook and wire . . . just place a hook in the wall centered directly above you large mirror and hang the smaller mirror from the hook with picture hanging wire. You can make a simple fabric "sleeve" for the wire if you like. This also really dresses up those unframed bathroom mirrors that are attached to the wall with plastic clips or points.