Old fashion blue Ball jars

Old 07-07-00, 06:43 PM
Visiting Guest
Question

I have 3 of those Ball Jars in blue. Two of them are about 6 inches tall and the other one is 9 inches tall. I want to use them to decorate my kitchen. I am trying to create a "country" look. I am also focusing on the colors: warm white and navy blue.

Any suggestions???

Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-00, 06:33 AM
Visiting Guest
Wink

Great decor starting point. How about going to your craft store and getting a hank of raffia. Use some strands of it just like ribbon to tie around the neck of the jars. Use a liner ( a simple drinking glass will do) and use them for containers for daisies, sunflowers, etc. Real flowers or real looking silk (no liner needed). Add baskets - colored, natural, medium and dark stained. Leave them empty (turn some on their sides for interest) and you can put silk plants and/or dried flowers in some. Add folk style pottery, iron pots, etc. I'd use an accent color: yellow, burgundy, country red, or?, etc. Check out craft ribbon, miniature 5"-6" Amish rag doll, wood figures, etc. Create vignettes on counter top, above upper cabinets (if you have space there), and/or kitchen window sill. Think low, medium, tall. Small, medium, large. Think in terms of odd numbers - 3,5,7 or 1 if item has importance or weight. Just a starting point. Have fun!

Old 07-10-00, 06:51 PM
Visiting Guest
Thanks Ladybug.