Colour scheme for living room

Old 06-21-00, 05:59 AM
Visiting Guest
I have went a bit mad and painted my living room, below border - Red and above border - Violet. I have an existing suite of furniture and want to cover the three piece, two piece and arm chairs. The problem is I have not got a clue what colour to cover them in and also what colour curtains I should get. Have you got any recommendations ???

Sponsored Links
Old 06-21-00, 02:18 PM
Visiting Guest
Talking

Marie, where is the "border" you speak of? Are you referring to a chair rail about half way up the wall? What type decor? If fairly contemporary I can visualize the furniture in off white or a combination of black and white.If contemporary, how about cellular shades rather than curtains, in white?

Old 08-02-00, 10:31 AM
Visiting Guest
Talking

I would definitely use something neutral. Something in a cream color, for both the upolstery and the window treatments. It would be a nice contrast, especially if the shades of red and violet you used are deep. You can use a monotone texured fabric for the sofas, and use a patterned fabric that has the colors from the walls in for the throw pillows. The same fabric can be used in the window treatments in the form of tiebacks, valance, or a cornice board, for whichever type of treatment you choose. I thnk gold would be a great accent color also. Good luck!