How to make curtains.

Old 10-08-00, 01:26 PM
Visiting Guest
Hello all! I'm in need of help. I have a 11 month old boy. I have for sometime now wanted to make curtains for his room, Money is tight and I have never atempted to do anything like it. (asking my wife to make them would create conflict) could somebody help me in making this curtains for my boys room? he will be one in 3 weeks and I would like to have them made by then. If you have any Ideas or patterns you'd be willing to share I would greatly apreciate it(I'm a 31 year old male with no clue). Thanks!
Juian.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-00, 10:00 AM
Ladybug
Visiting Guest
Wink

Hi Julian,

Just saw a cute idea. No Sew!! They used brass colored cafe rod and matching brass colored clip rings. You just press on the sides of the rings and the gripper teeth open to catch the fabric. Both of these are available in fabric stores and drapery/curtain hardware departments in big box stores.

They used beach towels with an adorable design. There are a ton of designs out there suitable for a little boy.

The windows were approx. 6' wide x 3-1/2' long. Just use two towels for fullness if this is approx. size of your window and run long edge of towels across windows. If a different size (like not as wide but longer) just run them up and down. Fold the fabric over at the height you want and clip rings on at even spacing.

Usually the curtain will come to the bottom of the window trim if there is any. Otherwise approx. 1" below window frame opening.

Not only is this "no sew" but can be changed to a different design in a snap and then the ones you take down can be used as "beach towels". Also, a breeze to take down, wash, and put back up.

Hope this helps. Ladybug

Old 10-20-00, 11:36 PM
Visiting Guest
Smile

Been there!! Look through the clearance bins for a sheet you can use for your window - lots of times you can find them at Walmart or K-mart for 3.50. If you need to cut it in half to use - fold it to whatever size you need, put those cafe-curtain clips on and put on a rod - new curtains - no sew.