Useless Fireplace

Old 10-25-00, 08:38 PM
Visiting Guest
Angry

The fireplace in my house is useless. It's placed in the side corner of my living room. It looks almost like someone added it in after building the house, the whole thing sticks out of the corner, and is open like a giant hole that just sits there. Is there anything I can use it for other than a fireplace, it doesn't heat anything. Any decorating ideas? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-04-00, 09:44 AM
Visiting Guest
Wink

You are in luck. Fireplace candelabras/pillar holders are the new big trend right now. They look absolutely fabulous in the fireplace...and, you can light up the fireplace without a big mess! I found a few for you at these stores: www.pier1.com (search on fireplace) www.easyinteriors.com (search on fireplace) www.illuminations.com (search on fireplace) www.potterybarn.com (a fabulous fireplace screen that has hanging vases-search on fireplace screen)

Old 11-08-00, 06:30 PM
Visiting Guest
Talking

Hi! I've seen lots of ideas in decorating magazines...for instance...paint the inside of it a matching colour of the room and put a huge arrangement of flowers in it; fill it with a custom sized wine rack (my favorite to date); or try putting an arrangement your favourite collectibles in it.

Good Luck! Pinky