medium green color of paint/family room

Old 11-06-00, 08:39 AM
Visiting Guest
I am stressing about the all the choices available in shades of green. I have antique blackberry leather furniture & very wide, white moldings in my family room. I tried painting one wall in sage green, but it almost looks too drab. I thought maybe a shade of green (like a leaf green) might work better? Can anyone recommend a color that worked well for them - any suggestions would really be appreciated!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-00, 03:57 PM
cki1958
Visiting Guest
Wink

If you would like to save a lot of time and grief with choosing a color...go to Home Depot or Menard's and pick up some 12 x 12 plain white ceiling tiles to test your colors on. You will save yourself alot of grief, and you will have a color board to build on for choosing fabrics, borders, carpet, etc. I do all my testing this way and it has saved my sanity many a time. All you have spent is money for a bad color, not, repainting a bad choice. Good luck. Unless you like to paint alot, don't get real trendy with your colors. Live with sage for a week or so. It may grow on you. Sometimes going bold takes a little time to get used to. You may like it after a week. Use of a decorator at a paint store is also an option. Diamond Vogel is in our area, and the gals in there are always great with ideas on colors etc. Take a pic of your furniture with you, or a snapshot of the entire room. That's what they are there for. Good luck!