Not PVC or Floating Canopy....

Old 11-16-00, 06:11 AM
Visiting Guest
Question

Hello! I read the replies to PoorMom's question about inexpensively doing a canopy bed and I would also like suggestions...but not the same as hers...I'm actually looking for draping material FROM the ceiling and not the floating style mentioned so often in the replies. I've looked at Lowells and the Floating Canopy Bed...personally I don't like the look. I've seen on HGTV specials where you drape the material from the corners to the middle of the ceiling (above the bed)...anyone know where i can find a project file on this....i'm not having any luck. Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-00, 07:36 PM
Visiting Guest
Smile

Hello,

If I'm understanding you correctly, you want to attach the material to the cieling, and have it drape down and connect it to the corners of your bed. I did exactly this and my husband got so tired of the material sagging inward on us that he had me take it down. I also read the posting of poormoms and bought the floating canopy. Using the canopy I draped the material from a center location above my bed, to the canopy frame, and down to the floor. I tied the material together at each corner and used tape to hold the material in place on the canopy frame itself. It looks really cool, and most importantly was cheap and easy. I'm considering putting up some lights.

If I've misundertood your question, I'm sorry. Oh, BTW I actually used a staple gun to attach the fabric.

Good luck-