cathedral ceiling and high walls

Old 11-26-00, 06:50 PM
Visiting Guest
Question

We have a cathedral ceiling with very high, irregular shaped walls in our family room. Other than hanging very large objects, what can we do to utilize the entire wall to make it more warm and inviting to the eye?

Old 12-27-00, 03:38 AM
Visiting Guest
Wink Wall hangings

Deborah Jayne,

Your house sounds exceptional, what I would give to have your 'problem'.

What I don't know is what theme you have in your room, but what I would recommend for such a lovely old-world building would be a tapestry wall hanging. Here in England, we have a full range of what is heavy weight curtain fabric in muttered colours with medieval scenes depicted. I would hope this would be available in the US too.

Take a length of this fabric and add 'tab tops' to the top end. Install a metallic guilt curtain pole to hang the fabric from.

It is both warming and very good to look at!!

Can't get hold of it? Then mail me at housedoctor@homerestyle.co.uk

See http://www.housedoctorintheuk.co.uk for more hints and tips.

Old 01-03-01, 09:22 AM
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up I had the same problem

I have the same problem in the new house my family just purchased. Maybe what I did will work for you too. I have a base color of medium (tortuga) green in my livingroom. I took one wall and painted the entire wall (all 12 feet of it up) in solid green but took an ajdoining wall and faux painted it in two shades of green and cream (marblelizing it). It really brought the walls in without looking like I lost the space. Give it a try!.. you may like it!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: