Age old ? Desperate help with Paint!!!

Old 09-09-08, 09:18 PM
H
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Age old ? Desperate help with Paint!!!

I am really desperate....and frustrated. I have 12 different variations of green on my wall.....attempting to match the mantle and the nooks with the main wall color. Nothing seems to work............and now I am begging for suggestions. The main wall color is between sherwin williams mediterranean olive and turtle green. I am looking for a classy-polished look. the variations of green I have experimented with are giving me too much pastel or too much yellow which results in a country kitchen feel. I thought a monochrome look would be best, but I cant find the right green...and painting everything the same color doesnt break things up enough (the room is huge). I was hoping for a lighter color in the nooks to highligh the decor in them and to pop the painting we hand in the nook above the fire place..but I am really at a loss! Anyone have any suggestions on green or any other color that might work for me? Thanks!

Old 09-09-08, 09:40 PM
H
also should add that there are 4 windows in this space that are covered with honey oak blinds.

Old 09-10-08, 06:10 AM
Hi happyinorbit,

this depends a lot of the decoration and style of your house, lighting, furniture. I'd suggest to look for some earth colors to match

The Sherwin Williams website has a free online color visualizer where you can match and visualize colors / styles

Old 09-13-08, 01:41 AM
T
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Maybe your problem is that you are trying to 'match.' Go for a contrasting color to get mantle and alcoves to pop. There are many whites and creams with and undertone of 'green.'

Old 09-14-08, 04:38 PM
J
Originally Posted by twelvepole
Maybe your problem is that you are trying to 'match.' Go for a contrasting color to get mantle and alcoves to pop. There are many whites and creams with and undertone of 'green.'
Twelvepole, could you give me your email address please? Or could you email me at jamesgfisher@gmail.com?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: