Dramatic new look for a room

Old 11-29-00, 11:20 AM
Visiting Guest
Lightbulb

Hello all,

I just got done doing this, and I am so happy with the results that I thought I'd share my technique with everyone. I painted my son's room a light blue, I then bought a 5 gallon bucket of all-purpose joint compound. I mixed white paint into the bucket of joint compound. Using a tool called a mud-dobber, I applied a custom texture to the walls.
The effect of the blue walls with the white texture is absolutly amazing. My husband was skeptical when I started, and I admit I was a little nervous too, but now he agrees that it is a great look.
The mud-dobber is available online at:
http://www.mud-dobber.com
The all-purpose joint compound can be bought in most any hardware store. I used semi-gloss paint for both the blue paint and the white paint that I mixed into the mud.

Try it, you'll love the results, I'm going to do my own room in two different colors. Any suggestions on the choice of colors?

Nicole-

Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-00, 07:40 AM
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up

Hello,

I like your tip. How did you prepare the walls? I have existing walls that I'd like to try this on, do I need to do anything special?

Thanks,
Laura

Old 12-21-00, 09:34 AM
Visiting Guest
Smile

Hello Laura,

All you have to do is make sure the walls are very clean. I washed mine with a cleaner that I got from the hardware store. I don't remember what it was called, but if you ask for a cleaner to prep the walls for painting, that would be good enough.

Thanks for the compliment,

Bye!

Old 01-11-01, 07:37 PM
Visiting Guest
Talking Cleaner

Hello,

I used stuff called TSP to clean my walls. It worked like a charm.

Happy hunting!