Exterior paint scheme

Old 12-20-00, 07:18 PM
Visiting Guest
Question

I need help in developing an exterior paint scheme for our "new" house. We recently purchased a late 1970's split foyer house, with typical brick exterior. There are wood shakes on one side of the front of the house that are currently painted dark brown (yuk). The window trim, eaves, soffitts porch posts and front door are painted white and the shutters are a forest green. We also have a security storm door in black, with some other black wrought iron accents. The soffits are vinyl, so changing that color is not an option. I don't think my husband will consider painting the wrought iron.

I like the green shutters but am not opposed to changing their color, but the shakes are definately going to be changed. I am unsure about color scheme. A friend suggested a light gray for the shakes, a color that is in our bricks. I thought if I did this, I would just paint the shutters black.

Any other suggestions for the shakes, and shutters and trim as well???

Sponsored Links
Old 12-22-00, 05:45 AM
Visiting Guest
Lightbulb Exterior Paint Scheme

Grey sounds like another dull colour to me.

You could lighten the exterior by using a mellow cream. I've used 'Country Cream' on one property (see Home Re-Style web site at http://www.housedoctorintheuk.co.uk)

It will help to highlight your lovely wrought iron accents. This would work well with a dark 'bottle green' for the shutters.

Try a couple of match pots to test it out on areas where all the colours come together before committing to a complete make-over.

Send a digital picture to my email address at [email protected] for a more information, if you can.