Choosing the right curtain colors for my sweet apartment (PICS)

Old 12-02-11, 12:49 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Cool Choosing the right curtain colors for my sweet apartment (PICS)

Hi folks,
So I bought these curtains but am not happy with the color now that I've seen them installed. Also they turned out to be very see-through (and don't add any insulation), but that's besides the point.

Here are some photos of the part of the living room with the windows:
Pictures by Scraniel - Photobucket

As you can see, the floor is difficult to match a color for. The floor is tiles with a wood-like pattern. The roof is also dark brown wood (barely visible in the pics).

Please help me out with suggestions for curtain colors! Thanks!

P.S. Also, I have a dark brown shaggy carpet and a light grey couch if that helps your color suggestions.

Old 12-08-11, 04:12 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Those poor curtains! I would get a short pair for one. They are too long and make the room look dreary. As far as colors go, perhaps a light olive green would go? Not bright in color but an olive color that has brown undertones. Brown and grey everything wouldn't be the best idea.

Old 12-13-11, 08:26 AM
For this style window, you should consider blinds or shades instead of curtains. You can find them in white or wood tones, either would like nice here. You can have them custom made to fit your windows precisely, or try premades, but talk to a professional about having them installed properly on a large expanse of window, like this.
Another option are long dark roll down shades....if you want to dress it up with a curtain look, a valance can be applied to the top of any of these.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: