miss my floor boards

Old 01-23-01, 09:10 PM
Visiting Guest
Unhappy

I've lived in my house almost 8 yrs. without floor boards in the living, dining and bedrooms. My husband removed them before we moved in so we could have all the walls resurfaced with low knockdown. The walls looked beautiful. But before we knew it our baby was born and the walls began to crack. The person who did the work could not be found.We believe he left the country. Hard lesson. Anyway, we had carpet and foam insulation inside the boards exposed to the outside walls. Now we didn't want to put floor boards down because we had to patch the walls where they were cracking. Most of that has been done. The carpet has been pulled up and thrown out due to age. The wood floors are not in great condition, but my husband likes them due to allergies. I think they're too cold. So I bought area rugs. We fight about wall to wall carpeting or refinishing the floor, which also creaks badly. I'm just done being sick of missing my floor boards at this point. Any suggestions on temporary floor board that doesn't cost a lot, and I could put down myself. I'm creative, but just can't think of anything. Help!!

Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-01, 03:36 AM
Visiting Guest
When my husband and I re-did our home I wanted wood floors for the same reason your husband wants them. In the end we went with tile and carpet. My kitchen, dining room, hall, entry and bathrooms are all tile. I also have tile in our livingroom but have carpet inlaid as if it is a rug.

One inexpensive way to do your floors (when I suggested this I was vetoed) to paint your bare concreate subflooring. I heard of a woman who had children with very bad allergys had done this and loves it. There is paint made just for this. You may have to put a smoother coat of concreate over your existing concreate but it is by far the cheapest way to go. And since you already have the throw rugs your set to go.

Old 01-24-01, 08:54 PM
Visiting Guest
I miss my floor boards and have wood floors...

Originally posted by lisafourts
I've lived in my house almost 8 yrs. without floor boards in the living, dining and bedrooms. My husband removed them before we moved in so we could have all the walls resurfaced with low knockdown. The walls looked beautiful. But before we knew it our baby was born and the walls began to crack. The person who did the work could not be found.We believe he left the country. Hard lesson. Anyway, we had carpet and foam insulation inside the boards exposed to the outside walls. Now we didn't want to put floor boards down because we had to patch the walls where they were cracking. Most of that has been done. The carpet has been pulled up and thrown out due to age. The wood floors are not in great condition, but my husband likes them due to allergies. I think they're too cold. So I bought area rugs. We fight about wall to wall carpeting or refinishing the floor, which also creaks badly. I'm just done being sick of missing my floor boards at this point. Any suggestions on temporary floor board that doesn't cost a lot, and I could put down myself. I'm creative, but just can't think of anything. Help!!