Stencils on line

Old 02-01-01, 01:31 PM
Visiting Guest
Want to do some stenciling around my home am looking for information on web sites that have free stencils that I can print from my computer. Thanks for your help.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-01, 04:48 PM
Visiting Guest
It's very easy to design and cut stencils yourself using a wide variety of things. I cut my own seven-layer stencil (using one stencil for each color) using a pattern from an oriental rug in my dining room.

I just laid clear mylar paper over the rug, drew a rough design with a marker, and then refined it on paper (holding it up to the window). When it was refined, I used seven more sheets of mylar paper to cut out each intended paint color. (Using an exacto knife.)

So...I would encourage you to try drawing something freehand and go from there. Or use some design in a home furnishing you have and like (sheets, blankets, sofa pillows, rugs, curtains, etc.) for a basis. Or you could use designs from paper or fabric napkins or commercial wrapping paper or tissue paper....just about anything!

My local library has books of stencils, too, to check out--you might check there. I ordered a couple of the catalogs of stencils available, but when I got them, I was amazed at how easy they were...I just knew I could do something nicer myself (and did!)

I wish this site had a place to post photos of projects we've done that turned out nice....I would share my stencil project and would love to see other folks' projects, too!

Leslie