Color for bathroom

Old 02-07-01, 10:28 PM
marquest
Visiting Guest
I need suggestions for my bathroom Walls and floor treatment. I have white tub, toilet, and vanity. Vanity top and tub surround are cream cultured marble/yellowish cream with white veins. I have purchased off-white floor tiles which I am not sure I want to use until I decide on the wall treatment.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-01, 11:06 AM
Visiting Guest
Lightbulb striped walls

How about striped walls? I did this in my bedroom. I used coffee white flat paint (You will need to use a gloss type I believe for the moisture factor - also oil based), I then taped off stripes using painters tape (most instructions tell you to measure every stripe out, I used a piece of the tape to tell me how wide my space had to be between tapes. This takes a lot less time and is just as accurate.) In the corners you will have to adjust the tape so it appears to be stright because no wall is plum. Now paint over the areas exposed with a small roller (cut in to the ceiling area with a brush first) using a glaze like polyurethane. Once you have painted a wall remove the tape before it drys. If you don't some tape will remain behind. The look is white and creme that looks great together. Your effect will be a bit different than mine because of the type of paint you have to use. See if you like it by doing it on a piece of dry wall first.