What Color Flooring?

Old 07-08-13, 08:55 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
What Color Flooring?

I want to put down some laminate flooring in this room but I have no idea what color flooring would look good with this particular wall color. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Old 07-08-13, 09:06 PM
Super Moderator
Received 85 Upvotes on 77 Posts
I would go darker IMO... Bigger tiles too.....But not my line of work... Wait for others to chime in....

Old 07-09-13, 03:41 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 11 Upvotes on 10 Posts
Fill us in on the room. Is it below grade? Is it on concrete? Definitely a darker color, but remember you can change paint easier than you can flooring.

I don't like laminate, but if you must, don't go with the cheapest you can find. I would opt for an engineered flooring, click lock.

Old 07-09-13, 03:54 PM
The floor is attached to a garage. Yes it's concrete with carpet on top of it.
I wouldn't go with anything but top of the line laminate like Pergo for example. Hardwood is really expensive and laminate today looks just as good in my opinion.
I like the color of the paint on the walls actually but I hate the carpet that is presently on the floor.

Old 07-31-13, 08:22 AM
A
In my opinion light Oak/Pine wooden flooring combines well with turquoise or light blue walls.

Please see this image

Last edited by Shadeladie; 07-31-13 at 10:39 AM. Reason: Pic removed. Links to website not allowed.
Old 08-11-13, 10:08 PM
J
There is no such thing as a top of the line laminate. Some are just more acceptable than others. None of them compare to the beauty of real wood unless you just have poor eyesight. If you can afford it go with engineered flooring. It has a real wood surface, and layers of different wood material underneath to minimize expansion/contraction. It can be installed over concrete.

I would just pick the color or species of flooring that you really like. You can change the paint anytime, but I think either a dark or light flooring would be okay.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: