50's bathroom

Old 02-17-01, 04:27 PM
Visiting Guest
Question

we just bought a home thats in much need of repair ,however the bathroom (which we will redo last)has pink and turquoise
tile (not ceramic,we don't know what it is)on the walls .half way up,and in the tub surround. the sink and toilet are pink.any suggestions on how to decorate and what colors to use to make this attractive for at least one year

Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-01, 12:08 PM
Visiting Guest
Wink

Sounds like you need to replace. I wonder what the tiles are if they are not ceramic? It's not tiling on a roll is it?

You could try tile-primer and paint the 'tile' in a neutral colour to remove the green.

If the suite is also pink you'll need to work with it. I'd accessories with deep red/burgundy shower curtain, bath mat and new fluffy towels.

I have had a similar problem with one clients bathroom where they had aqua green. If you go to
http://www.housedoctorintheuk.co.uk
you can see how we resolved the problem.

Old 02-20-01, 03:25 PM
Visiting Guest
thanks house dr,seems like the only safe color to use for now,it almost sounds like tin when you tap it,they are about 4.5" square,no grout lines, one is missing and the wall has some glue residue on it. puzzles me,but i know somewhere in my past i have seen this on kitchen walls

Old 02-20-01, 03:37 PM
Visiting Guest
I have seen plastic tiles, could they be that?

Old 02-22-01, 06:43 AM
Visiting Guest
Talking

yup...... i bet thats what they are.