loft redecorating

Old 02-21-01, 06:59 PM
Visiting Guest
I hope someone can help me. We have decided to open up a room that was originally a garage attached to the house.
It has been used as an apartment for a few years now. I
would like to change it around so that it looks more like
a midwestern style. I will, however, be putting my bed and dresser in there as well, but would like to keep from being part of the rest of the apartment. The measurements are
35 ft.X 16 ft. with the ceiling being approximately 14 ft. high. I need some kind of pizzaz to make it comfortable and unique.
Also, if anyone has heard of the program on television called "Debbie Travis Painted House" and you know if she has a web site, could you please let me know what it is?
Thanks to everyone
Lynda

Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-01, 10:46 PM
Visiting Guest
Talking Debbie Travis web site

Found your web site: http://www.painted-house.com. I checked it out. I had a hard time accessing many parts of it. maybe you will have better luck.

Old 02-25-01, 05:37 PM
Visiting Guest
Smile

Thanks Gini,
I hope I can get some kind of ideas from painted-house.
If you have any ideas on what I can do with my garage/apartment, I'd love to here them.
tnanks again
Lynda

Old 02-26-01, 09:09 AM
Visiting Guest
Question what is a midwestern style?

I never heard of it. Is this one big room or are there dividers/walls?

Old 02-26-01, 08:52 PM
Visiting Guest
Smile

I belive that midwestern style is kind of an off navaho style, not quite load or bold...earth tones etc..
Yes this is one large room with no dividers or walls cutting into it.
hope this helps
thanks
Lynda

Old 02-26-01, 09:23 PM
Visiting Guest
Question What is the style of your bedroom suite?

I have some ideas for you, but I would like to have a better idea of the furnishings you are going to use and if you want the bedroom seperate what style did you have in mind for that part?

Old 02-28-01, 05:18 AM
Visiting Guest
Actually Gini, all I have is a four poster double size bed with an old armoire and a night stand. So, I have to get pretty creative in this area.
Believe me when I say I'm stumped.
It seems that I'm doing a lot of staring at this huge room, but can't get any kind of concrete ideas to start this project.
I'm so glad you've taken an interest in helping me out.
Can't wait to here about your ideas.
Thanks,
Lynda

Old 02-28-01, 08:20 AM
Visiting Guest
Question

Would you be willing to refinish your furniture to go with the new look?

Old 02-28-01, 01:04 PM
Visiting Guest
Definitely!!!
Can't wait to find out what you have in mind.
Lynda

Old 03-01-01, 02:30 PM
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up Let's do this step by step.

Pick out colors you like (about 5 different colors). For the look you want I would choose a yellowish green (sage), golden yellow, deeper yellowish green (forest), brick red/cinnamon, even a sky blue. Bring home the paint chips you have choosen and think about where you would like to see some of these colors in the room. I would like to see you use the golden yellow as your primary color (on the walls), the dark green as trim. The sage green (or lighter green) on the bed as a stain rather than solid paint (its a neat technique thats very easy to do). The red and blue can be used on the other pieces or on wood work that may be in the room (like paneling). Its hard to tell you what to do when I don't know exactly what you are working with. Stencils are one way to give interest to a piece of furniture that is other wise plain. Tell me what you think so far.

Old 03-02-01, 08:18 PM
Visiting Guest
Your ideas to me sound like a really good idea.
I will start shopping around and playing around with the colours you have chosen.
I like the idea of the bed colours.
Can't wait to check it out.
Thanks again,
Lynda
P.S. Will let you know how it goes.