Need help to choose a colour for my bathroom.

Old 03-16-01, 12:58 PM
Visiting Guest
Question

The cabinets are honey oak. The counter top is white, sinks and bath are white, fixtures are chrome with white ceramic handles. The floor is white tile with light grey lines to look like marble and half way up the wall is light grey tile with white lines, again to look like marble. Walls are white too. My border is grey and white and has a swag design with tassels and is at the very top of the wall.
I choose these colours to keep the bathroom looking crisp and clean but now it's boring. I just want to paint the walls between the tile and the border and not have to take down the existing border. Can anyone help???

Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-01, 12:22 PM
Visiting Guest
i would use blue or green-something of the same intensity of the grey. bright colors will bring out the white. red could be nice too. i wouldnt paint the grout, just the wall above the tile

Old 03-20-01, 03:53 PM
Visiting Guest
bathroom colors

You didn't mention what the lighting is in your bath, but since everything is neutral you can go as bold as you like. Look in your wardrobe closet and pick the dominating color. This is the best rule of thumb if looking for a color for your rooms. Integrate these colors as they will be pleasing to you. For a bold dramatic look try somthing dark like a purple, towels can be in navy, silver, and/or ruby.

Good luck in your endeavor and don't be afraid to try the unusual.