Help with furniture layout, or choice.....

Old 04-15-15, 05:16 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Help with furniture layout, or choice.....

We started out to just replace our recliner, now we are replacing our sofa, loveseat and 2 recliners. Sounds wonderful, but I'd like to know if there is a better way to lay out the living room....

The room is 15x16
9ft window on left wall
10ft arch into the room at end wall.

The entertainment unit is across from the archway, which allows us to view from the kitchen, open concept.

Is there a way to add pics?

This is what I have in the room now, how would you lay it out?
Entertainment unit
Sofa
Loveseat
2 Recliners
Coffee Table
End Table
Small end table

I'm at a loss. Most designers tell you to move everything into the center, but I also have a home childcare, and I prefer the open space to be in the middle so the kids can play.

My husband would like both recliners to be at the end, on either side of the entrance archway. But then I would have to not get a loveseat, or position it in front of the window. I can't seem to lay it out so the room looks balanced.
I love sectionals, but there is no way to put one in the room with the entrance where it is, the back of the sectional would be facing the kitchen.

Any design help would be appreciated, I don't want to buy the wrong thing!

Old 04-15-15, 05:37 PM
Super Moderator
Received 303 Votes on 240 Posts
Old 04-16-15, 10:54 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Here are some pictures...

I have uploaded some pics...I think!
I had to resize them all but they show up as ? in the thumbnails....so we'll see..

This furniture is 20 years old, we moved into our new home with it. It fit beautifully in our other living room which was 25x16.
This house has a larger living room, but it's square...

My other issue is, I have a home childcare. So the space between the red chair and loveseat (window) I use for the play kitchen/puppet theatre/games table.

Attached Images      
Old 04-16-15, 11:13 AM
Super Moderator
Received 303 Votes on 240 Posts
I think the loveseat needs to go and the recliners should go into each of the corners opposite the couch. I'd leave the large end table where it is now, and put the small one next to one of the chairs. I'd pull the couch down some, to be opposite the window, if possible.
If you absolutely have to have the loveseat, I think you have no choice but to put it in front of the window. It's just way too big where it is now and the recliner is too big where it is now, next to the couch.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: