Design Sites

Old 04-13-01, 02:56 PM
Visiting Guest
Cool

Salutations! I have searched across the internet for some amazing sites regarding design & ideas for building, but I'm still not finding quite what I'm looking for. I live in a huge 8,000 sq. ft. warehouse that was built in 1914. It was used as a racecar garage until we took over the lease last July. So far we have added much and turned it into quite a fantastic place with 9 bedrooms, a large open kitchen, a DJ booth with a deck overlooking the main floor, a big screen theatre area, large office, artist workshop, woodworking area, stage, storage, etc... for a relatively low price. (we've done it all ourselves) It's quite the playground for ideas and design! We rent out the extra bedrooms as a way to fund our company while we're growing our business. We've come a long way, and now I can really focus on design. I want inspiration! Anyone out there have any great links? I can't seem to find any sites that give helpful advice on building within large spaces such as our warehouse. We're thinking about turning the entire interior into the facade of a medieval castle. *shrugs* (This place is so cool! There are three levels beneath us that hold an old bomb shelter. The guy that built this place was the guy who bought the original coca cola recipe for $1200 back in the day. He used it as a storage area for cotton until the military took it over. They used it as a place to hold weapons, ammo, and machinary during World War II before it was sent overseas.) Hmmm... I think I've babbled on long enough Thanks!

Solace,
Raven

Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-01, 09:40 PM
Visiting Guest
Cool

Have you tried under faux painting? I don't have a web site but if you search under these two words you would be surprise how much will come up. I am thinking about the castle facade.

Old 06-13-01, 05:34 PM
Kathy D
Visiting Guest
Sounds like a really neat place to live and work.

There is a shown on HGTV about lofts converted into
homes. Check out their website.