colors & shades with natural maple

Old 04-14-01, 10:19 AM
Visiting Guest
Question

I need help with choosing wall colors to go with natural maple. I'm looking for colors that will tone down the yellows in maple, and bring out the golden/brown tones. I have seen that the reds & burgundys work wonders, but are there any other colors that will have the same effect? Are there any shades of greens of oranges that will work? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

[Edited by bebotay on 04-15-01 at 01:51]

Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-01, 09:30 PM
Visiting Guest
Cool You must be an autumn person.

You like the yellow base colors. The maple is yellow based, the orange and many greens are yellow based. If what you really want is to bring out the richness of the wood then choose a rich color in a yellow base. Here are some to choose from:

rust-red, brick-red, jade, teal, turquoise (the deeper the richer). Any veriation of the above colors, just keep them deep. Thats why the red and burgandy worked so well.

Old 04-20-01, 08:31 PM
Visiting Guest
Question thank-you much gini

gini: thanks for interpreting what i was trying to describe, so well!
you are right! i am an autumn person, but the light blue eyes confuse me sometimes. Can you tell me where i can find
a color wheel to puchase, or could someone at a paint store help me with multiple samples to make one for myself?

Old 04-21-01, 09:45 AM
Visiting Guest
Cool

Many art stores will have color wheels, you may even find them at your local paint/home improvement center. Even though the people at the paint store may understand the difference of base colors you are sure to get expert help from the art store. Many of the help are artist themselves. Talk with them first, then go pick something out at the paint store. The paint store has swatches of color that are in base colors, they are listed as warm, cool and neutral. They sometimes have other categories as well but what you want is the warm tones.

Hope this helps you.