Need color advice

Old 04-22-01, 09:48 PM
Visiting Guest
Unhappy

I need advice on how to transition from my cool colored kitchen (light blue, light gray & white) to the dining room which we want to be warmer colors to blend with the rest of the house. I would like to use a color from the beige family instead of gray in the dining room and possibly use a blue or a shade of green (sage?) for color.
The kitchen and the dining room are adjacent, sharing one long wall. The rooms are separated by a bar (counter top color light gray w/blue trim) and cupboard (painted white) that hangs from the ceiling leaving about 2 ft vertically between the counter and the cupboards. Kitchen floor is lt. blue/gray tile, dining room floor is hardwood. We don't intend to change the flooring in either room or the kitchen countertops. All other things are open for change.
I've been pondering this for months. Please help!

Sponsored Links
Old 04-23-01, 11:06 AM
Visiting Guest
Cool

Hi,

I would recommend that you use a warmer yellow in the kitchen and a warm orange/cream combination in the dining room, perhaps as a sponge effect.

If you have a digital picture you could send me I'd be happy to give you more precise colour options.

see http://www.housedoctorintheuk.co.uk for further info.

Kindest Regards

Old 04-23-01, 07:16 PM
Visiting Guest
Cool The tile isn't going anywhere so...

you need to work around it. Here are some warm colors to chose from: periwinkle blue (which I think would go great with the blue grey tile), teal blue, turquoise, clear teal, sky blue, light periwinkle blue, aqua, light turquoise, light blue, peacock green, celery green, leaf green, these are a slection of colors from both spring and autumn, both are warm seasons (as far as colors go). If it were me (remember this is site unseen), I would go with blue. blue grey tile with light and dark periwinkle blue. You can even play with a little celery green (a very light yellow green) and buttercup yellow (a slightly golden yellow, similar but deeper yellow than a lemon). These colors are primarily from the spring colors. They will blend better with your tiles than will autumn tones which are very earthy, like orange (think fall colors).