painting my kitchen a color I like

Old 04-24-01, 02:50 PM
Visiting Guest
Question

as of right now my kitchen is a light blue almost a baby blue and my floor is black and white squares my cabinets white with light blue trim and my counter tops an ugly brown which looks like the inside of trees after they have been cut. all my appiances are white. the things is I have seen someones kitchen and dining room what was a beautiful green it is real dark green not like forest green though. and I fell in love with that color and I want to paint my kitchen and dining room that color but I don't know if it will work my kitchen is real small and long and my dining room is connected to it it only has 1 window for the two rooms and the window is over the sink so not much natural light is in the rooms. what do you think should I leave it real light or should I go darker like the paint that I like so well.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-01, 10:09 PM
Visiting Guest
Cool

They say paint is cheap. If it doesn't look good once you have painted it how bad would it be to repaint it? Dark colors tend to close in a room but that doesn't mean it will not look good. How much lighting is in the room? What if you use the color on the cabinets but not on the walls? Just some things to think about.