Room with angled wall

Old 04-29-01, 12:06 PM
Visiting Guest
Question

I have a new living room with an angled wall and I really need some ideas on what in the world to do with it. Your help is so appreciated. Thanks so much.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-01, 08:39 PM
Visiting Guest
Cool

What do you mean by an angled wall?

Old 04-30-01, 09:56 AM
Visiting Guest
Angled wall

Well one wall in the living room is slanted. the bottom 1/3 of the wall is straight, but the top part angles into the room, like the inside of an attic where the roof is.

Old 04-30-01, 03:11 PM
Visiting Guest
Cool I don't have much info to go on but...

you can do many different things. Treat it like any other wall with the ceiling a different color, mural, texture, and my favorite: show up the differents by using either stenciling or relief wall paper. Paint over this relief paper in two different colors. If this sounds interesting I will give details later.

Old 05-01-01, 01:12 PM
Visiting Guest
Yeah Great Idea

I would love to hear you idea on that. You can leave the post here or email me at [email protected] Thanks so much for getting back to me. I really needed some ideas.

Old 05-01-01, 09:12 PM
Visiting Guest
Cool

You can get relief paper at any wall paper shop. What you will need is relief paper for the main wall area and border relief paper to border all areas that edge it. That includes where the wall bends. Once it is up you paint the main wall area one color and the border a complimentary color.

You can do the same type of look with stencils. Paint the wall one color than use a border type stencil along all edges. This will take more time but you can do more designs.

Your pick.

Old 05-04-01, 03:59 PM
Visiting Guest
Thanks so much for your help. My couches are maroon and I have an area rug that has a lighter shade of the maroon with flowers and a navy and grey/blue border. I am going to use your idea with the stencils; paint the walls the grey/blue color, the slanted wall the lighter shade of maroon and then stencil with navys and shades of maroon with some accents. Thanks again!