color issue

Old 06-22-18, 05:40 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
color issue

I have always been under the impression that when you select a color for a room, not matter what it looks like on a small test area, that color will intensify once it gets on all four walls. I ask this because we are doing over a rather large community room, was picked was a very light (almost off white grey green) which some found hard to see in the small test area; they picked a much darker green. I told them that once all the walls are painted, this light green will come alive and very visible and work well with the white bead board below....the darker green, going to be very strong and very intense and they think I am dead wrong. Any feedback? Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Old 06-22-18, 07:10 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 156 Votes on 138 Posts
Hard to say without knowing the colors or the room. got pics?
IMO dark colors often look good above a white wainscotting although it can make the room look a little smaller.

Old 06-22-18, 07:12 AM
Group Moderator
Received 285 Votes on 261 Posts
Color is all based on each indivuduals' perspective. If you are in the minority, there's not much you can do to change their opinion. They apparently want more of a contrast. Can't say either opinion is wrong. A darker shade WILL give more contrast and make the trim pop.

Old 06-22-18, 07:28 AM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Green in general looks bad in my opinion. I'd go with a neutral color.

Old 06-22-18, 07:34 AM
Thanks and both comments are valid. With the shade of green, the darker one brought the comment "looks like the inside of a school or office building, and....I agree with that feedback. This is a community room and the idea was to get a combo that will work with one another "color against white trim) and look bright and open and provide an element of color that will not take away from the artwork or other furnishings.
Thing this will be a Aga

Old 06-22-18, 11:32 AM
Group Moderator
Received 59 Votes on 55 Posts
I would look for an online tool which allows you to upload pictures and then manipulate colors so you can see what works before buying or applying anything.

Old 06-22-18, 11:49 AM
Good thought! Will do some searching, thanks