kitchen ideas, where should the fridge go

Old 07-23-18, 03:53 AM
F
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
kitchen ideas, where should the fridge go

I've been drawing out potential kitchen ideas. ignoring the colors for a second as those r defaults in the app i'm using.

all cabinets will be replaced (from where and with what is still open question), planning to add a new window as well, which is lot bigger than the other one exact size still in discussion.

with all of that said, the only difference between the 2 is the location of the fridge.

option A fridge between window and door.
https://imgur.com/4VHWBc6

This will make the bifold window smaller, saving some money, but a bit of disconnect in flow between window and door.

option B Fridge on the perpendicular wall
https://imgur.com/7CbpgOh

after that decision, comes other decisions like colors and connecting tile to wood floors.

thanks for the help

Old 07-23-18, 04:07 AM
Received 595 Votes on 532 Posts
I find the diagrams very confusing. Is the whole picture suppose to be a kitchen, with sofa and fireplace? Or is the kitchen area just the upper right section?

Old 07-26-18, 03:35 AM
F
Hi norm.

thats the back of the fireplace, its the brick back of the fireplace. the fireplace is in the living room, the kitchen shares a wall with the kitchen. the sofa is just there for looks and fill out the space.
the kitchen/dinning is 24 feet long. so thought about making half of it kitchen, the other half dinning/bar and if there is room for a sofa.

Old 07-29-18, 03:10 AM
F
thoughts on fridge location?

how is that design option, impact my counters options? counter tops or full floor to roof cabinets.

Old 08-19-18, 07:40 AM
S
If it were my kitchen, I'd go with option 2 - you've got a nice little work triangle there, and if I'm reading the diagram correctly, it seems like the fridge would be blocking a lot of light from the window in option 1.

If you went with option 1, what would go in the blank space where the fridge is located in option 2?

Old 10-25-18, 02:57 AM
V
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
You're lucky to have two (2) real good choices.

I'd let the Cook who's going to use it be the decision maker.

If s/he's left-handed. I'd go with Option A and hinge the Fridge Door on the right.

If s/he's right handed, I'd go with Option B and hinge the Fridge Door on the left.

After 30 years as a Real Estate Broker, it amazed me how few households took advantage of reversible doors to improve the efficiency of their kitchens. Even though they were designed with well triangled work areas (Stove, Sink and Fridge), they'd damage that flow by having the Fridge Door mounted backwards and impeding the movement, despite the fact that manufacturers have been making refrigerators with reversible doors for over 50 years now.

Old 10-25-18, 03:25 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 76 Votes on 69 Posts
I like option 1 with hinge on right side. Counter right in front of it for easy assess to load grocery s when you bring them in and nice triangle for work area.

Old 12-30-18, 12:49 PM
I would go with option B. Fridge is closer to the cooking board and worktop. I think it's more practical.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: