Lighting question/suggestions

Old 05-24-19, 02:15 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Lighting question/suggestions

Hello, in my living room I have only one light source aside from natural light. It is from the ceiling fan. Well I had spent a fair amount of money on this fan without considering how much light it was going to put out and well, it's not enough. I was wondering if there is any light fixtures that I could install that would allow a fan to hang from it that i already have? Or does anyone have any suggestions of how to add more light in our living room? And please do not waste my time with suggesting adding plug in lamps. Those are obvious simple solutions. I'm looking for actual wired in lighting solutions if there are any. And if anyone can explain to me how to add pictures to these posts I can show you what I'm up against. Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-24-19, 02:29 PM
Group Moderator
Received 195 Votes on 180 Posts
You don't want to hear about plug in lights so something at the ceiling fan location is your only option. That limits you a lot. Ceiling fans and their lights are a proprietary combination. If the manufacturer of your fan does not offer a different light it is extremely unlikely you will find another light to fit. You can find a new ceiling fan with a more powerful light or get rid of the fan altogether. There are many more choices in ceiling lights only. If you are up for some wiring you can add wall sconces or recessed lighting.

Old 05-24-19, 03:00 PM
Group Moderator
Received 47 Votes on 44 Posts
https://www.doityourself.com/forum/e...-pictures.html

If you know the specs of your light kit, it might help us figure out whether a brighter bulb could be used.

If you don't want us to waste your time talking about plug-in lamps, what kind of other ideas do you have? Since they all either take electricity or batteries, how to get power to them requires wiring to exist and it sounds like that would have to be run.