Studio/Office Design Advice Needed!

Old 06-25-19, 02:43 PM
Lightbulb Studio/Office Design Advice Needed!

Hi all! First time on the DIY forums and Id love any insight on what you would do with my studio restoration project.

I have a 140 sq foot studio with exposed brick, half drywall, vertical stained glass window, and black&white checkered floors. Please see below for photos! I would love suggestions on how to paint and decorate this space for use as a creative studio (filming, podcasting, etc.), as well as functional office space.

The space is unique and in desperate need for repairs, which I am currently handling by myself, one-at-a-time. As such, any suggestions you might have for a young DIYer would be greatly appreciated.

I will include my plans after the photos so as to not influence your ideas, as Id love to know your original thoughts (:

thanks so so much for your time & ideas!

PHOTOS:
Link (4): https://imgur.com/a/UbzBgd0

MY PLANS:

PAINTINGDECORATION
  • Wall #2 will be my primary background for videos. It will be decorated with a bunch of "Wall Art" I have around my house that will practically cover the drywall.
  • Wall #4 will be the primary office space with one desk in the right-hand facing #4 and another desk in the opposite corner facing #3. I will also possibly put a TV on this wall, at some point.
OTHER NOTES
  • Yes, doors will be replaced.
  • The stained-glass window is an amber color.
  • No, it's not your eyes some of the corners are not straight. The room is not a perfect square.
HISTORY
Built sometime around 1950, the bricks we laid for an open-air building which was converted by my grandfather in to his creative workshop. Following his passing, it was turned in to storage space until recently, when I emptied it out to breath new life in to the place by turning it in to my personal office space/creative studio. My grandfather was an artist & designer, which explains the stained-glass window (created by him) and the massive amount of wall art I have available.

Sponsored Links