Shower Curtain for vaulted ceiling

Old 06-02-20, 07:02 PM
B
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Shower Curtain for vaulted ceiling

I have an attic bathroom which has a vaulted ceiling. The issue I have is because both of the walls slope inward the shower curtain/liner doesn't extend from wall to wall like the tub does. I would have had to mount the shower rod way too low to avoid the sloped walls and anchor on the walls that are vertical before they slope inward. The problem this creates is that it leaves a gap through which water can get out of the tub beyond where the shower curtain/liner ends. Has anyone encountered this & do they know of any suggestions to fix it?

Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-20, 07:23 PM
Group Moderator
Received 498 Votes on 457 Posts
Not really picturing it.

I've got some tempered safety glass on order for a customer to create some short 4" wide wing walls for her shower, cuz her kids never shut the curtain fully and the floor and drywall get wet. Not sure if something like that would be useful.

Old 06-02-20, 07:38 PM
B
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
So perhaps my drawing might illustrate better

Attached Images  
Old 06-02-20, 07:42 PM
Group Moderator
Received 498 Votes on 457 Posts
Yeah, the glass wing walls might help there. Shower u channel is available online from DK hardware. (And others no doubt). Order the glass to whatever size you want, it gets wet glazed into the channel with silicone. They also sell end caps for anywhere you need to cap the end of the u channel.

Old 06-03-20, 05:50 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 487 Votes on 448 Posts
If you can sew you can make a custom shower curtain. One who's top follows the shape of your roof line. You could hand it like a curtain and pull it aside the enter/exit the shower. Of course this won't slide back and forth like a traditional curtain on a horizontal rod.