color advice

Old 07-06-01, 07:59 AM
Visiting Guest
Question

I am trying to decide on a color for my living room. We want to glaze the walls to cover up some imperfections. We have a tan/beige couch and chair with red/sage green/gold colored accent pillows. Our tables are a dark java color. We have a fireplace with a white mantel and white crown molding. I was originally thinking of a muted gold paint color, but am now have second thoughts. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Lauren

Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-01, 10:59 AM
Visiting Guest
Cool

I saw a technique that might work for you. The base is red. After it dries you paint over it in green, removing some of it with a rag or plastic. This will expose some of the red. If you want to add a third color, ie: gold, pour some gold on one side of a paint pan and some green on the other side. Now, using a roller, roll it into the two colors keeping each color seperate, blending only in the middle. Apply this to the wall in different directions (keep to small sections so paint doesn't dry before you can remove paint), then use the rag or plastic to remove color to expose red.

If you like this idea but don't understand exactly how to do it, I will try to explain it better.

This type of technique will help hide a lot of defeats.