Paint Colors Help

Old 04-18-24, 05:55 AM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Paint Colors Help

Hello,

Our home was built around 2000 with some typical colors during that time. We never cared for the dark burgundies in here so we started the process of painting thinking we liked what we had chosen which was albatross. The burgundy bumps up against a tan type of color which we don't mind nor want to take on painting at this point as it is throughout the home.

We don't like the albatross against the tan. It doesn't look much different from the primer we have on so bumped up the shade a little darker to what looked to be a "Bone White" (Pittsburgh Paint) This looks so darn yellow so I am not sure i like this either.

Goals
  1. The burgundy made the area really feel dark so we have want to brighten it up
  2. We have to get a new front door that we are looking to have painted a darker gray or onyx type color possibly so we want to compliment this

Some things we were thinking we could possibly leave the living burgundy dark possibly matching the front door color. Thoughts?

I am hoping some might have some suggestions especially for the front door space that would accent the front door, look good with the tan color and brighten the space.

Below I was thinking maybe this could be a similar color to the front door. The Bone White color sits between the dark and the swatches.

Burgundy in Living area

Burgundy in Entry. New front door will be coming here as well.

Old 04-18-24, 06:40 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 863 Upvotes on 755 Posts
Paint stores have software that can take your pic and insert their colors, you can also find it online.
Because paint colors is so personal it's difficult to pic colors for someone else. Don't be afraid to experiment, the worse that can happen is you have to repaint. .... and of all the changes you might make to your house - paint is the cheapest.

Old 04-18-24, 07:35 AM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
marksr thanks for the reply. Do you have an site where I could put the room in like you mention and I will give it a try.

Old 04-18-24, 08:18 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 863 Upvotes on 755 Posts
I've never used any of them, always had the customer go to the paint store and use it there.
A quick google search turned up this one
http://www.architectureanddesign.com...int-colours-on

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: