Glue for lampshade

Old 07-21-01, 04:18 AM
Visiting Guest
Am making a hanging lampshade for my kitchen ceiling fan. I took an old lampshade form and re-bent it to the shape desired. I then used tracing paper and cut to fit each of the eight sections of the frame. Rubbed-on painted pictures of fruit and used spray adhesive to attach to frame. This kinda works, but not like I'd like it to.

I then took strips of white ribbon and glued them down each of the eight ribs of the frame. The spray adhesive keeps coming loose in many places. The spray adhesive is not doing what I need done.

I need something like is on the back of Velcro that will adhere with little pressure as the paper and ribbon are already somewhat attached to the frame. At least attached enough that I don't want to try and remove them for fear of tearing the tracing paper which is very fragile.

I'm afraid that using a glue gun will leave too thick of a blob and too much residue. Sure hope you can think of something that will work for me.

I have yet to cover the inside of the frame and put the trim around the bottom and top of the outside of the frame, but don't want to attempt anything further until I can satisfactorily adhere what I already have.

Sure hope you have an idea of what I can use successfully.
Thanks for your time.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-27-01, 12:44 AM
Visiting Guest
Cool

I often see sobo (I am not sure of the spelling) used on many craft shows. They always say it holds very well. There is also a glue that is in a tube at your local sewing store for velcro, you might check it out. Sorry, can't remember the name.

Old 07-29-01, 07:59 AM
Visiting Guest
Wink Glue for lampshade

Gini - Many thanks. I've seen Sobo glue at craft stores. I'll give that a try. Haven't heard there is a glue for velcro, but I'll check that out for another project where I think that is just the ticket.