Interior design?

Old 07-31-01, 09:07 PM
Visiting Guest
Question

I've been thinking of decorating my home in a different way and cannot find any how-to books,do-it yourself.
My idea was to incorporate a jungle/rainforest stlye
Master bedroom/bathroom in this way.Any help or ideas would greatly be appreciated!!
I want to include a waterfall/pond,and natural sounds throughtout.
I want to eventually have a different ecosystem throughout my entire home!!!! Thanks again. Denise

[Edited by denise eary on 08-01-01 at 12:25]

Sponsored Links
Old 08-01-01, 11:26 AM
Visiting Guest
Talking

Denise,

You sound like a *very* cool and interesting person. None of this beige and mauve stuff for you.

After you're done you should write a book or at least a magazine article on this.

Are you going to go with the troupe d'oil (sp?) technique? Might get pricey.

Immerse yourself in books on one type of ecosystem at a time. That's a great way to get ideas for creating the environment.

Some other ideas:

String fishing line along the ceiling and train ivy to grow along it.

For your Oceania bathroom rig a shallow glass pan to fit under a ceiling light. Partly fill the pan with water and rig it so it slowly rocks slightly back and forth. Put food coloring in the water and use colored bulbs. The whole room will be bathed with the patterns of water in motion - like you see when snorkling. I've been dying to do this since I saw it used in a museum exhibit.

Trade your bed in for a large hammock.

Old 08-03-01, 11:59 AM
Visiting Guest
Lightbulb

Thanks DavidZ,the tips and suggestions were Great!!
Even the part about the book!! Too many houses are just plain boxes(cages); I would like something different,if I have to live in a box then I want it to be an individual box!!! Thanks again,DavidZ.
Your ideas sounded real good and I will use them!
-denise eary