Family Room

Old 10-11-01, 02:40 PM
Visiting Guest
This is my first time posting so I hope I do it right. I am wondering how to furnish/decorate the family room of my new house. I want to be able to accomodate as many people as possible but usable space is only 10 X 12. Of the 4 walls, one is open with window facing back yard, the one to the right of that is the fireplace, the wall to the right of that is a built in waist high entertainmant center (runs the whole 10 ft) and the last side opens up into the kitchen (it is a great room). Any furniture ideas to maximize space? I was thinking maybe a L-Shaped couch. Any suggestions would be helpful....this my first house.
Thanks,
Angela

Sponsored Links
Old 10-13-01, 12:46 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Family room seating

I like the idea of a couch or couch and love seat and or two big chairs with ottomans that will sit two people. For instance, if your couch could sit 4, and a chair with ottoman could seat 3 (1 in chair and 2 on ottoman) and you had 2 chairs with ottomans, you could sit 10 people. If you had a couch and love seat that could sit 4 +3 and one chair with large ottoman, you could still sit 10. The reason I am hesitant to recommend the big L-shaped sectionals is because if you ever move, chances are it will be too big or for some reason won't fit into the new floor plan. Have separate pieces of furniture will allow you mor4e versatility in the future. I personally have a couch with 2 chairs with ottomans.