need help with kitchen ideas

Old 11-12-01, 10:35 AM
Visiting Guest
We just bought a new house, and the kitchen is ALL white.
Cupboards, walls, and trim...even white tileboard halfway up the walls. It makes it a really nice bright room, and it is a good size room but too much white!! I want to add some color to it.
Here's the thing. There are two stained glass windows between the kitchen and the home office. They have a blue color (in the glass) outlining them. So I wanted to bring more blue into the kitchen. I would prefer to do something with the tileboard on the bottom half of the walls, and then maybe add a border along the top or something. Can I paint the tileboard in some kind of 'marble' type look? I think going solid blue would darken the room too much and I'm trying not to do that. Or maybe just paint the 'lines' between the 'tiles' on the tileboard in a blue? Any ideas or opinions? I am also thinking of painting the cupboard frames the same color to tie it together. yes? no? help!! please!!
Thank you for any input.
Haley

Sponsored Links
Old 11-23-01, 04:18 PM
studio747
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up

Painting the cupboard outlines blue would be a good idea. Another way to bring blue into the area is in your accessories. Maybe a blue vase with flowers? Or some blue plates and cups?

Have fun!